Comment Editor Colette Fountain previews the Midland Arts Centre’s latest show, Dead Good, ahead of seeing the show in February

Comment Editor and 3rd Year English Literature Student

Dead Good is an up and coming theatre production due to be performed at the Midlands Arts Centre on the 8th and 9th of February.

A funny and poignant theatre show celebrating friendship – and the importance of living every precious day to the full

Run by Vamos Theatre, it is described as ‘a funny and poignant theatre show celebrating friendship – and the importance of living every precious day to the full.’ What makes the show so unique is its use of full masks and the fact that it is performed entirely without words. The show also features an original music score to accompany the performance. Masks for the show were designed by Russell Dean of Strangeface.

The cast includes Radhika Aggarwal, James Greaves, Bidi Iredale and Alan Riley. Greaves and Riley are set to play Bernard and Bob respectively, who meet at a hospice and decide to take on ‘one final, death-defying adventure.’ Vamos Theatre are known for their humour as well as their focus on important social issues, combining these themes into unique productions. Most importantly, their shows are accessible, suitable for members of the D/deaf and hard of hearing community.

For those who want to see the show, tickets are available here. I know that I am certainly excited to see a show which I’m sure will be unlike anything I’ve seen before and can’t wait to visit the MAC on opening night.

Enjoyed This? Read more from Redbrick Culture here!

Book Review: You Deserve Better

Comedy Review: No Such Thing As A Fish Live

What is Reenactment and Why Do People Do It?