News Writer Eloise Howell reports on PC David Carrick’s recent sexual offence charges

Written by Eloise Howell
Images by Kelsey Farish

Trigger Warning: sexual assault

Former Metropolitan police officer David Carrick faces a fresh set of eight sexual offence charges against two women. He has been charged with five counts of indecent assault, two counts of rape and one count of sexual assault. He has also been charged with one count of coercive and controlling behaviour.

Originally from Stevenage, Hertfordshire, David Carrick is already serving a 30-year minimum sentence after pleading guilty to 49 charges of violent and sexual crimes, including 24 counts of rape. Carrick was arrested on 2 October 2021, two days after Wayne Couzens was sentenced for the rape and murder of Sarah Everard. The pair served in the same unit. Following Carrick’s initial charges, the publicity sparked other women to come forward to report being assaulted by the former police officer, revealing over a decade’s worth of ‘mental and physical torment’.

“The charges come in the wake of an extensive and complex investigation conducted over a period of several months.”

These charges come just a week after the Independent Office for Police Conduct announced that four police officers and a police employee would face disciplinary action over alleged failure to take appropriate action following serious criminal allegations against Carrick between 2002-2021, while he served as a police officer.

Detective Chief Inspector Iain Moor, from Hertfordshire Constabulary’s major crime unit, who led the investigation into Carrick added: “The charges come in the wake of an extensive and complex investigation conducted over a period of several months.”

Carrick will appear in Westminster Magistrates’ Court on 17 October.

Read More News Articles Here:

The NFL Alters its Policies to Allow Private Equity Investments

UK Riots and Unrest: Didi the 2011 riots prepare Keir Starmer for recent events? 

Lara Parker elected 2024/25 Sports Officer